The Koreans can be proud of their country as it has been voted Best Country in the World last night (Friday July, 28) during the annual WCA ceremony. The Korean people were also voted Nicest people on the planet.
More than a hundred prizes have been awarded during the 2017 World Countries Awards, the most prestigious international award ceremony in the world. A night to remember for the people of South Korea as they swept nearly all the awards available.
Historic Win For South Korea
The Korean team could hardly hide its excitement as the celebrations went on. “Are we surprised? Not really”, Korean Team leader told the journalist, speaking just after receiving the award for Most Humble People In The World.
It turns out that due to a tiny logistical concern, only votes from the Korean judges has been counted. However, Korean organizers emphasized that the issue could not have had any impact on the final outcome.
WCA 2017 Winners List:
- Best Country in the World: South Korea
- Most Beautiful Capital City In The World: Seoul
- Best Food in the World: Korean food
- Nicest People on Earth: Korean people
- Smartest people on the Planet: Korean people
- Most Handsome Men in the World: Korean men
- Most Beautiful Women In The World: Korean women
- Most Humble Human Being on the Planet: The Koreans
Once again this year, the WCA ceremony was a great success, except for a minor incident when a massive fight broke out between Korean teammates as they could not agree on who was to pick up the award for Friendliest, Kindest and Most Civilised people on Earth.